Orchidnet is a scalable solution that can bring benefits to the smallest organisations, right up to those with thousands of employees. The hardware and associated requirements for you organisation will vary depending on your individual needs, and we'll work with you to establish what we think will be right for you. Regardless of size, there are fundamentally two ways in which to get Orchidnet for your organisation:
Option 1 - Orchidnet installed on your own hardware
- 1x Xeon E3-1220v3 (Haswell) @ 3.1 GHz.
- 8GB RAM
- 250 GB Hard Drive (Please note this should be increased to fit the size of content you wish to store)
- 100mb TCP/IP Network
- Microsoft Windows Server 2003 (or a later server version)
- Microsoft SQL Server 2005 (or later)
- SMTP compatible mail server Exchange 2000 or above for synchronisation
- Any client machine (including Windows, Macs, Linux machine) capable of running a modern browser will work with Orchidnet.
- Any tablet device or smartphone with a modern browser will also work with Orchidnet
- We recommend Google Chrome and IE 8+ however Orchidnet also works with Safari, Firefox and Opera.
Client Machine Requirements
Option 2 - Orchidnet installed in the Cloud
Orchidnet can also be provided as a cloud service. There are many ways of doing this each with their respective “Pros and Cons”, however we wanted to avoid bamboozling you with lots of options to work through and understand, so have made this as simple as possible for you by recommending one of two options.
Orchidnet hosted in a DataCentre
You can deploy Orchidnet on your own servers hosted in a data centre. We work with several leading datacentre companies. Give us a call so we can chat about your exact requirements and we would be happy to provide you with a customised quotation.
Orchidnet hosted on Microsoft Azure
Microsoft Azure is an established and proven Cloud service that is fast, secure and ridiculously reliable. All you need to do is simply choose the configuration you need, (we’ve worked this out for you), pay the monthly hosting fee and enjoy the benefits of Orchidnet without any hardware, software or network worries whatsoever.
We’ve specifically chosen Microsoft Azure for several important reasons:
- They’re stable: As one of the biggest software and services providers in the world, who are championing and building their future business on the Cloud, we know they are going to be around for the long-haul.
- They’re reliable and trusted: They offer an industry leading 99.5% monthly SLA for availability and are adding over 1,000 new customers to their service every day.
- Their service is secure and scalable: With the resources and power of Microsoft, their Cloud infrastructure has been designed from the outset to cope securely with massive volumes of data using best practice approaches to ensure confidentiality, integrity and availability of customer information.
As a Microsoft Gold Partner, we would be delighted to discuss your requirements and provide a customised quotation.